Friday, January 18, 2008

it's been a long time...

Hello again - So sorry for the long delay. I will not write a lot as of now because it would take pages to recap all that has been happening since September! However, I am doing well. I am in my second week of Winter term and it has been so eventful.

I am President of Mortar Board National Honor Society, and we are fairly busy. Right now we are doing a bookdrive to raise money for books for a few local elementary and middle school classes. We also are beginning our application process for the next year, discussing next year's student planner (the one I designed last year), and having dialog on how to form a scholarship for a couple incoming students. It has been such good leadership experience to reorganize this club and implement new ideas to help the legacy of it.

Last term I began the preliminary steps to begin my undergraduate thesis. I will be stepping into the field of medical anthropology and it is sending me on a whirlwind of new ideas and information I never knew existed. I have increasingly become interested in other cultures and the world outside of the US, although sometimes to my parents and other family's dismay. As always I am very concerned about my family's interest and support in my life as it is what has gotten me thus far and I am forever grateful. I am however really excited about this time in my life, especially the opportunity to explore new things. I feel like my education is getting more personal. I am taking a more active role in my Spanish class and personal efficiency of the language, and I have been seeking time with my professors and contacts in the professional world to learn more of the direction I would like to take.

I hope you all received my letter about Brazil; it was an amazing trip and the effect it has had is unexpectantly large because it also has a part of the previous paragraph. I always pray that I will be an effective person for people and society. I can't thank God enough for His grace and protection.

love and peace to you.

No comments: